Day 19: I Am
When it comes to creating our reality we have to be real about what we are telling ourselves and the world. Throughout this challenge, I’ve touched on the importance of having clarity and expressing your truths with clarity. Knowing yourself is just as important as knowing your why. When we affirm anything we are saying to ourselves and the world, this is who I am, how I’m choosing to show up, and how I will be addressed. This is a great tool in your alchemical tool bag that can be used in a myriad of ways. Take the time today to think about what your ready to affirm to yourself and the world.
To get started:
- Take 10 diaphragmatic breaths and clear your mind.
- Grab your journal or paper.
- Write “I AM” 16 times down the left side of the paper.
- Write down 2 affirming statements per day (today and all of next week).
- Keep repeating them to yourself throughout the day.
Here are some that I have used:
- I AM full of peace and will not allow any disturbances to affect me.
- I AM a Queen
- I AM in tune with my higher self
- I AM in alignment with the energy of love in my heart, my surroundings, and in the universe
- I AM going to be a writer who inspires others to take action in moving toward the highest version of themselves.
- I AM a source of happiness
- I AM in tune with nature and can hear and understand its messages.
Your “I AM” statement can take any shape that you feel it needs to. This is about what you clearly want to communicate about yourself to the world. It’s about solidifying the vision for yourself.
May we affirm who we are and our purpose boldly and unapologetically. So shall it be!
Love & Light
Day 18: Boodles of Doodles
Creativity fuels our energetic being in a such a profound way. Reflect briefly on how you feel, think, or respond when you’ve successfully taken something from mind to matter. Using art as a form of creative expression is a wonderful way tap into what is within you naturally. It’s an opportunity to be fully present while allowing yourself to let go mentally and connect with yourself on a spiritual and emotional level. This exercise is not about how good you can or cannot draw. We are using art (painting, doodling, drawing, sculpting etc.) to express what is within us while giving that expression the freedom it needs to manifest itself in the way that honors its voice. During this activity do not dwell in your mind, feel.
To get started:
- Take 5 to 10 minutes to sit in meditation. During your meditation place your dominant hand over your solar plexus chakra and your receptive hand over your heart chakra. Take deep diaphragmatic breaths and simply connect.
- Grab your artsy weapon of choice and let the energy flow through your hands. The goal is to allow what needs to manifest itself the space to do so. In this instance, we are only the conduit
- Once you’ve created your piece place it somewhere safe yet out of view. Come back to it tomorrow (or several days later) and look at your creation. See what speaks or pops out to you and reflect on it.
- This is something that you can do a few times a month or a week to give yourself a view of what you are channeling.
May we all be the conduit through which our higher consciousness serves humanity. So shall it be!
Love & Light
Day 17: Magic Happens In Open Spaces
The movement towards your goals and purpose are great but as with everything, it has to be balanced. There will always be a time for action and a time for inaction. Taking a moment and creating space allows the things that you are seeking to understand to become settled and integrated. It’s easy to acquire knowledge but to allow it to take root is something totally different. With this challenge, we’ve had 16 beautiful days of action and on the 17th day, we sit back and reflect on what experiences stood out in our minds and simply breathe into the spaces needed. Take a mindful moment for yourself today to reflect and feel. Place no expectations on yourself, simply be and be at peace.
May we cherish and honor the space between the known and unknown or the no longer and the not yet. So shall it be!
Love & Light
Day 16: I Am Powerful Beyond Measure
Sometimes we don’t realize how powerful we are until we’ve created something that captivates our attention. Most of the time we fail to recognize that we’ve created aspects of our lives for our entire life be it positive or negative. If many of us recognized the small ways that we have ushered our will into existence we would have more confidence in knowing that we can do so on a larger scale. For everything that has been manifested in your life, I can guarantee that you had clarity on what was wanted or needed even if, you didn’t have the details of how to make it happen. Clarity surrounding your vision is what fuels your power to create it.
Take some time and reflect on what it is that you want for your life or to become clearer about your purpose. To help with that process, ask yourself some questions such as
- What do I want to create?
- What do I want to feel?
- What do I want to nurture?
- What do I want to stop?
- What do I want to support?
- What fuels me?
- What touches the rarely inspired part of me?
Also, take the time to ask the questions that come to your mind. You have the questions and answers even if you don’t realize it yet. You know yourself better than anyone else ever will. Connect with yourself, your vision, desires, dreams, goals, and purpose. Once you can do so with clarity, dedication, and determination, you will truly begin to see how powerful your ability to manifest is. You will also see that the fire in you will burn until it’s reached. Clarity fueled by dedication doesn’t simply fizzle out after 2 weeks. It persists. It persists past the point of setbacks, time, negativity, or lack of support. It will drive you to creation, from mind into matter.
May we all have clarity, self-determination, dedication, and compassion to see our visions, passions, goals, and purpose through. We are the ultimate creators and the universe rises to meet us every time. So shall it be!
Peace & Light
Day 15: Music Makes Me High
The music we listen to tends to relate to how we are feeling or want to feel at that moment. Thumping basslines when we want to get pumped up, to songs that make you feel as if someone else understands your pain. Music tends to come into our lives as a thing to enjoy either alone or with others. It can, however, be used as a tool to help raise your vibratory frequency. It simply takes a small shift in the perception of its usage. Listening to music frequency is a great way to create energetic shifts mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. experiment with listening to singing bowls, crystal singing bowls, certain frequencies, and/ or mantra music for 20 minutes a few times a week. Note any changes in your mindset or sense of peace. Below are links to a few of my favorites on YouTube
Healing Female Energy
Crystal Bowl Chakra
Allow music to be a tool that you use and not simply an inconsequential part of your day. Nikola Tesla said, “if you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration.” If you want to discover yourself I recommend that you think in those same terms.
May we become more in tune with ourselves and the universe. So shall it be!
Love & Light
Day 14: Soldier of Love
We all have to determine the way we want to show up in this world and in that process, we come to understand what matters most to us. Those are things we stand up for, fight for, wage wars or campaigns against. A soldier will face plenty of obstacles and resistance during their time of service be it for or in opposition to anything. Much like soldiers in any branch of the armed forces, we arrive daily with resolve, looking to be impactful. So what are we soldiers for? What causes are we fighting for? What is fueling us to keep going despite the challenges?
I made a choice along the way in my journey that I would be a soldier of love. I asked myself what that would look like and how it would take shape. Love doesn’t make way for lies, injustice, hatred, murder etcetera. I asked myself, how do I face a country where bigotry of any kind is so rampant? As I looked for what I thought was a complex answer to a complex question, the simplest of answers came to me, be a soldier of love. I would show up deliberately daily and with unapologetic purpose. I would not allow anything that was not of me to deter me. Now, all of that is easy to say but to do so and maintain your being holistically takes work. Cultivating the energy of love I find, gives us all the strength to face the path before us and anything that shows up along the way.
To help cultivate the power that love gives us try the activity below:
- Take 10 to 20 minutes in meditation recalling all the loving and happy memories that have impacted you greatly.
- Allow yourself to feel the emotions from the vibrant images that you recall.
- Take another 10 minutes to solely focus on the feelings that have arisen.
- Allow yourself to steep in these emotions and come back to this place when you need to draw strength, love, compassion, and truth.
May we all call upon love to carry us through. So shall it be!
Love & Light
Day 13: The Big Payback
Our lives are full of blessings that sometimes we can take for granted. When we look at life from a place of lacking we fail to see the things that we already have. From things as simple as turning on the heat or having clean clothes to a person without them could seem like gold. Creating cycles of gratitude enable the energy of abundance to funnel back into your life. Showing gratitude for your blessings by blessing others is a beautiful way to expand the cycle of abundance and gratitude communally.
Today, make it a point to bless another human being. This does not have to be an expensive or time-consuming task (or it can be, it’s up to you) but it does have to be a deliberate, considerate, and heartfelt expression of compassion. If you’re short on suggestions see below:
- Take the time to have a conversation with someone who may feel invisible (social outcasts).
- Buy a coffee or a hot meal for someone who can’t do so themselves.
- Hug someone.
- Spend the day paying compliments to everyone who crosses your path.
- Leave a note acknowledging someones efforts or hard work.
- Make a meal for someone who is sick and deliver it.
- Offer guidance to a person who is younger than you.
- Spend time giving attention to someone older than you.
- Help someone carry groceries.
- Hold the hand of someone who is in pain
There are a myriad of things that you can do to be a blessing to others. The joy that you bring to others with manifest joy within yourself. Be impactful, kind, loving, compassionate, and giving because these simple actions create ripples that expand further than you can imagine.
May we all show gratitude for our blessings by being a blessing to others. So shall it be!
Love & Light
Day 11: The Perfect Love Letter
Cultivating love and joy regularly enhances the quality of your life. This can be done in as many ways as your beautiful creative heart desires. Most of us get that “warm and fuzzy” feeling when we think about receiving a love letter or reflect on ones we’ve been given previously. It’s something about the eloquent outpouring of love that simply sticks with us in a lasting and memorable way. Love letters can serve as inspiring and uplifting tools that can help cultivate self-love and acceptance.Writing love letters to yourself is a great way to evaluate what love looks and feels like to you as well as providing a base for what you need to give to yourself.
Here’s what you do:
- Take 10 to 15 minutes and think about the “perfect” love and how you would like to see it expressed toward yourself.
- Grab a pen and paper.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Take the time to read it at least 2 times a week or write a new love letter each week.
May we regularly express the highest degree of love for ourselves and in doing so inspire others to do the same.
Love & Light
Day 10: Vibe Tribe Certified
Keeping good company is something that virtually every successful person will tell you that you need to do. Seems simple right, well maybe not. Human beings are social creatures and at times the thought of being alone is too terrifying for some. So much so, we keep people around that may be enabling or holding us back in a myriad of ways. Remember, sometimes friendships can be more toxic that romantic relationships. Take some time to think about the company you keep. Look at how your personalities, goals, and energies line up. Think about the trajectory of your growth and theirs in a non-judgemental way. The goal isn’t to look at others from a degrading perspective but to honestly look at the relationship to decide if it’s still beneficial for both parties to stay connected.
Take the time to ask yourself some basic questions:
- Are they supportive?
- Do I feel that I can be genuinely open with this person?
- Does this person try to understand me?
- Do I feel drained or energized more often than not when we interact?
- Are we on similar paths?
- At our core do we value similar things?
When we look at our relationships from a spiritual or energetic standpoint, we are able to see beyond trivial surface differences and touch the core of the connection. Sometimes the core becomes stronger and other times we’re not so fortunate. Savor the moments your bonds create without attachment to the individual person. This may seem harsh on the surface but it allows others and yourself space and freedom to change and grow.
May we all connect with souls who support and nurture our highest selves and allow us to do the same. So shall it be!
Love & Light