Day 24: Pranayama Momma
Breathing exercises help to strengthen your life force energy while giving you greater control of it as well. Having an active meditation and pranayama practice has truly helped me to stay rooted, reduced stress levels, and enabled me to have greater clarity and focus. I start my pranayama practice prior to my meditation practice which has really helped my meditation practice overall. I also recommend that you take the extra time to do a 5 to 10-minute meditation after this breathing exercise.
- Find a quiet space.
- Come into a comfortable seated position.
- Optional: set a timer for 5, 10, or 15 minutes.
- Close your eyes or take a soft gaze.
- Breathe in deeply for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath for 2 seconds.
- Exhale fully for 4 seconds.
After the selected time frame, take a deep cleansing breath and try to keep that deep breathing going throughout your day.
May we all recognize and connect with the power of the breath. So shall it be!
Love & Light